Python 'not compatible' Blender build error for Windows 11 [Solved]

Hi, I’m trying to build Blender using the Building Blender on Windows Guide. I’m not very experienced so I followed the steps exactly through command line. But when I run make update I keep getting this error (see below). There are also three LNK1107 fatal errors in my Build.txt file when I run make. I tried to upload the file here but it seems I don’t have the permission yet. I’ve started from scratch multiple times and I’m just at a loss here :melting_face:

E:\blender-git\blender>make update
No explicit msvc version requested, autodetecting version.
** Visual Studio 2022 Developer Command Prompt v17.9.1
** Copyright (c) 2022 Microsoft Corporation
[vcvarsall.bat] Environment initialized for: 'x64'
Compiler Detection successful, detected VS2022
This version of E:\blender-git\blender\lib\windows_x64\python\311\bin\python.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information and then contact the software publisher.

sounds like gif lfs left pointer files rather than the actual binaries you need, can you check the file size of that python binary?

The python.exe file is 1KB.

yeah thats not right, in your lib/windows_x64 folder, try running git lfs pull followed by git lfs checkout main and see if that corrects the issue.

I think that did it! I’ll play around in the app and keep an eye out for anything weird but thank you so much!