Names for bone layers

Hi everyone!
I hope I’ve come to the right forum.
Recently I have been actively studying animation in Blender and one thought is spinning in my head all the time.
The Blender has a convenient function of distributing armature bones into layers. But I think it would be even cooler if the rigger could give its names to each layer, even if they are just like tooltips. So, for example, if an animator opens a rig unfamiliar to him, it will be easier for him to deal with it if each layer is signed. For example, one layer for IK, another for FK, arms, legs, etc.
I understand that there is already a Bone Groups function, but it seems to me that it is used a little differently. For example, the left and right sides of the character are usually painted in different colors, but, nevertheless, they can remain on the same layer.
It seems to me that adding names to the layers would be a good addition.
By the way, it would be convenient for Bone Groups if their colors were displayed on the side of the name - but all will tell me that I’m asking too much)))
Thank you.

1 Like

I totally agree with this since it’s such a pain try to remember on what layer did I put the bones. It’s really annoying having to remember all those details since there is no name for layers. Sucks that I also don’t have a good memory at remembering things.

1 Like