More work to operator settings popup/panel?

I hope there’s gonna be more work done to the operator settings popup. Two issues I noticed.

1: Text gets cut off no matter the layout.
2: Not all operator settings get displayed. You can see there’s another setting after the Offset X.

I would say two things:

1. You are right that the operator adjustments panel doesn’t work well here, with these kinds of ‘giga-operators’
  2. These kinds of complex operators aren’t very good in general, because of the way operator redo works. They aren’t persistent, and don’t allow you to go back and adjust things after the fact

So the real solution is to have better support for parametric, procedural modeling. I expect this will be tackled in the ‘Everything Nodes’ project.

1 Like

That redo panel in the viewport is one of the worst things that happened in 2.8 imo.

We need a kind soul able to implement this: https://developer.blender.org/T57727 (this task should be high priority btw) otherwise we are doomed.

What you can do in the meantime is assign a shortcut (F6?) to the “adjust last operation”, so it will work like 2.7, and hopefully it will show you more settings.