Many Light Sampling -GSoc 2019

Hi I am Abhilash from India.I recently applied a proposal for Cycle BVH traversal optimisation based on SAH and faster object splitting based on orientation (cones of normals) and light source intensity.I have a C++ prototype for allowing stochastic distribution of the light intensity as a probability factor for heavy lights, and splitting the object nodes .However there is a significant tradeoff between the execution time (traversal BVH) and time owing to BVH splitting . I have a draft proposal ready and the original proposal is submitted:

Can a possible feedback be provided as to the content of the proposal based on SBVH traversal and sampling.I recall the deadline has passed but I would be greatful if Brecht van Lommel ,Sergey Sharybin gave a feedback .Plus I have also drafter another proposal based on Embree STBVH optimisation over Cycle BVH based on MBSAH for faster motion blur.
The link for second proposal is here:

Thank s for any feedback

1 Like

We can’t give any feedback after the deadline anymore. We must review the final proposals as submitted and make decisions based only on those.

1 Like

Thanks for the response.

1 Like

Just curious, to which oss orgs/projects did you contribute?

1 Like

Yeah hi! As a contributor I have contributed to engine shaders for cry engine,however since the development stage takes time ,I m required to submit a prior documentation before actual code change to the organisation.Since I have started contributing recently ,the changes have not yet been sanctioned.Before contribution always created separate new projects to check changes prior to submission.

1 Like