LibreJS on Blender.org blocks 5 scripts

Freedom

I’m a kind of person that tries my best to use only Free Software ( as in Freedom ) which Blender is. But I feel like not all of Blender tries enough on it’s part.

There Freedom of software is more then just being free as no money. For those of you who don’t know these are the definitions of software freedoms from GNU site. I edited it slightly.

• Freedom 0. The freedom to run the program as you wish, for any purpose.
  • Freedom 1. The freedom to study how the program works, and change it so it does your computing as you wish. Access to the source code is a precondition for this.
  • Freedom 2. The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help others.
  • Freedom 3. The freedom to distribute copies of your modified versions to others. By doing this you can give the whole community a chance to benefit from your changes. Access to the source code is a precondition for this.

And there are ways to insure software freedom. Mainly using a special General Public Licenses on the source code.

Libre JS

While using Linux instead of Windows or Mac. And using Blender instead of 3D Max or Maya is a good way of expressing software freedom. People usually don’t give much thought into that most websites are also software. And having readable JavaScript parts is a good thing. Since it gives you the Freedom 1. Or least something resembling this freedom.

There is a problem tho. Unless the maker of the website decides. This JavaScript even tho open to read is still not Free Software in the whole sense. Because there is no License that insures a given user all of the 4 freedoms.

But how can a user know whether the JavaScript is free software?

That’s where LibreJS comes in. A quote from the page:

GNU LibreJS aims to address the JavaScript problem described in Richard Stallman’s article The JavaScript Trap. LibreJS is a free add-on for GNU IceCat and other Mozilla-based browsers. It blocks nonfree nontrivial JavaScript while allowing JavaScript that is free and/or trivial.

My problem

While both DevTalk and Blender.Chat run perfectly fine under LibreJS. On the main site. Blender.org LIbre JS ( at least today ) blocked 5 scripts. And some of the sites rendering got bugs as a result.

Please fix it