Is there an official logo available for the Cycles project?

Nice!!! I also liked this design of yours. Its 3d like cinema4d logo (of course it can be used flat in some cases and sometimes 3d) and it doesnt fit into todays flat boring design trend and show ‘‘who cares the trends’’ 3d software logos like AutoCad or Cinema4d dont follow trend fully as well:)) But since blender started following minimalist trends too after 2.8, sadly . Your other design that I liked might be better

1 Like

There are some beautiful logos here.

Indeed. Cycles has been in Rhino for awhile now. We’d definitely like to call this out and a logo would help.

At the risk of re-opening a can of worms: was an “official” logo ever decided upon?

Answering to the previous question, I think it was’nt, but I have another proposal to make!

It is based on the blender logo, simple (a lowercase ‘c’ rebranded as the blender logo), using a bold rounded font from atipofoundry (rouna | atipo foundry) which is designed around the circle primitive.

7 Likes

There are some really strong contenders here. It’s a credit to this community that it can come up with so many great options. I can see where it would be difficult to…just…pick…one :slight_smile: Is there a process for picking? Perhaps @brecht or @ThomasDinges could give some guidance?

Basically, I’d like to call out Cycles as a brand in our marketing materials for Rhino, with proper permission and attribution, of course.

3 Likes