Is there an official logo available for the Cycles project?

We keep the Y but have lost the C

cycle_logo-ban

My attempt at something.

2 Likes

I really think any logo ideas here shouldn’t be derived from the Blender logo. They should also be representable in the form of an icon (so there could be an icon for each render engine in certain parts of the UI).

6 Likes

This one does!
:sweat_smile:

btw this one above here was intended as a joke, involving “blender” as the make-up tools.
But coming back here and looking at it with fresh eyes, I think it’s not bad at all…

I gave it a try.)

10 Likes

Not bad, I like it- I especially like the blue/orange color combination that immediately connects me with the Blender “mood”.
One itchy thought: I’d remove “The next level”, from the bottom line. Besides I love Cycles, I don’t think you can consider it a ‘next level’ renderer. It implements well known algorithms and techniques, derived prom public papers. New (next level) technologies usually pertains to proprietary software, and I mean like big movie production in-house developed softwares.

This topic is about logo proposals. I’m not sure if it is clever to start adding american-ish slogans and ®s (besides, is Cycles even registered?). It really makes things look and sound corporate to me, which isn’t the point.

2 Likes

I really think this one is simple, yet very appealing design!

2 Likes

I like that one. Where did you learn Logo-Design? But of course, the others are right: It is looking too much like a corporate logo (slogan and ®-Sign). Besides that, it really can compete with the other proposals

I really liked the idea of the C with a dot inside so I tried to make it look closer to the other standalone cycles logo

7 Likes

I like the simplicity of this one, it’s obviously very similar to the Blender logo without being too noisy.
Now that we have an official Blender community badge, I think an official Cycles logo would have to look good next to the Blender badge. I made a slight adjustment to your design and did a quick mock-up to see what it would look like in the badge format:

5 Likes

Personally that looks incredibly generic.

I wanted to see what making the smallest possible change to the Blender logo would look like, but I didn’t like that at all either… tried inverting the colors, but it didn’t really improve things…

Leaving it here just so people can see it’s already been tried.

3 Likes

UUUH that’s a great idea … I really like it. Altough I’d really love to include some references to sycles-specific things such as the render tiles or something …

Why do people think a cycles logo has to be a mixup of the blender logo?

In my opinion this logo design from phocomelus is stylish, elegant, simple, and has its own identity.

17 Likes

I am very impressed by all those suggestions! Would be awesome if one of those was picked.

1 Like

My little contribution

With some notes of the design process

7 Likes

That honestly makes it look like an icon of a tool related to fluid dynamics/sims to me. But I like that you tried to actually design some symbolism into it.

Personally I’ve been thinking of how to bring the cyclic nature of a photon as a light waveform into it and merge it with a 3/4 view of a sinewave cycle(looking from the side it would be a wave or a bell curve if you will, while along the axis of progression it would be a circular cycle).

It could make sense in motion as an animation but I can’t see it working in a still… so I haven’t really managed to come up with a viable iconography based on it.

3 Likes

Love this, maybe the C a little bigger to be more readable (personal opinion). I prefer to differenziate from “competitors”, so no circular saws or similar.
Attention to hexagons (Magento e-commerce platform).
I’ll give a try to Josefin sans font https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Josefin+Sans?preview.text_type=custom&preview.text=cycles%20Cycles

I understand that this is not an important thing, but with Cycles getting integrated more outside of Blender (soon probably in Houdini an other Hydra hosts thanks to HdCycles project) It would be nice to have some logo. Happy with whatever Cycles team decides on. Personally I though that these were the best looking and professional here:
By @WoollyBear

By @JulianPerez

8 Likes