GSoC 2019: Cloth Simulator Improvement

Of course the possibility to have a non-remeshed version of the cloth is also important, there are some things that won’t work with a dynamic mesh (with dynamic I mean with variable vertices count over time), so both things should be implemented, for rendering and standard simulation the variable mesh could be better and more than enough, but after doing the simulation, in some situations, having another static mesh following the already simulated variable mesh is a better option, keep in mind that I mention after doing the simulation with the variable mesh because I’m sure the simulation would be far better with this mesh than with an static one, that’s why I see that as a post-simulation calculation or generation.

Thanks!

1 Like

@Momotron2000 thanks, I will check it out.

@JuanGea I understand what you mean, my mentor has already given an idea of how it can be implemented, will do my best to add this as an option.

4 Likes

Awesome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey! How did the Gsoc finished? everything went well?

I hope we can see your work in master sooner than later! :smiley:

3 Likes

Happy to say GSoC has gone well :smiley: , take a look at the final report here.
During the GSoC period, I have not been able to make it stable enough to merge it in the master, nevertheless, I am going to continue to make it stable and add even more features after a small break (maybe in 2.82???).
In other news, pinning with adaptive remeshing now works!! Make those flags fly :slight_smile:

22 Likes