Eevee in Blender 2.79b

Hi, I was wondering if there would be a way that I can get EEVEE in Blender 2.79b? Also, I use blender on debian, so can you tell me the linux commands I need to get 2.8? I use the older versions, because they run faster.

1 Like

Maybe if you find very early 2.8 alpha releases that looks like improved version of 2.79b. If someone still have it

1 Like

I don’t think there is a way to use Eevee with version 2.79, but you can download Blender 2.92 here in Zip format and run the application without installing it. Blender 2.92 for Linux 64 bit, but you must at least have a 64-bit operating system.
For support and further questions you can use this site, Blender artist , where you can get more information.

1 Like

@WW773 Eevee work with OpenGL 3.3, Blender 2.79B use OpenGL 2.1, it will be near to impossible backport Eevee on older Blender version. If you cannot use Blender 2.80 this request not make sense. If you need BGE with Eevee you can search UpBGE Blender fork, AFAIK this fork port BGE on master code (Blender 2.93-3.0)

I only found Blender 2.80 Bleeding Edge Build (Pre Alpha)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QMinliORQIbT_XjK4bSjl2p9-xsqgN79?usp=sharing

1 Like

Thank u I really also wanted to have pre alpha of evee with old interfacee!!!

Do you have also a mac version??