Dyntopo development

Yes, Zbrush has the new Sculptris Mode, and it is basically the same as Dyntopo:

1 Like

Yes?

Dyntopo algorithm is better than sculptris pro, but the performance… :no_mouth:

1 Like

Yeah, that’s why Dyntopo needs constant development too, maybe not in the form of adding new and shiny features, but I’m sure in terms of performance there’s much to be done still. Let’s hope the devs don’t forget about it.

1 Like

Ah, I forgot that sculptris mode was added to zbrush.
So, when you do that in Zbrush, red dots are not visible ?

They are, but they snap to the closest vertex.
But even though I’m fine with it, I can see how it might be also nice to have it the way you want.
So yeah, an option to turn that off when using dyntopo would be nice to have.

1 Like

:+1::+1::ok_hand::ok_hand: (Post must be 10 characters :slightly_smiling_face:)

It seems that dark clouds are approaching Dyntopo development. :slightly_frowning_face:

If you want to discuss this, there’s also a discussion about Dyntopo at Blender Artists:

I don’t understand why a moderator would target a developer for something he didn’t even say. Pablo has only put forward three solutions to dyntopo problems. One is to improve it and another one is to replace it with a variant of voxel remesher (which is not with the remesher tool) in real time and with new technologies, probably adaptive voxel. Which he says should only replace dyntopo if it gives better results.

At least we should wait what path it takes.

2 Likes

I mostly rely on Dynamic topology sculpting in Sculptris caus its faster, Blenders dyntopo is a slower process but similar and messier and laggier, understandable caus no one has worked on it for many years.

I’d like to see Dyntopo remade completely using modern tech if possible OR that voxel sculpting if its better.

3 Likes

I was slightly overreacting because I love Dyntopo and don’t want it to suffer from all the Sculpt Mode developments, but I’ve nuanced my statement as you can read a few posts further on:

Also, being a moderator doesn’t mean I won’t remain critical.

Hey @MetinSeven I would say that you have nothing to worry about, I understand DynoTopo is great for some, but wouldn’t be awesome if what may come could be way better?

After a talk with @pablodp606 I think what he has planned is way better than anything present in Blender right now, and will cover the workflow for those of you that like Dyntopo, or at least I think that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s reassuring, thanks! Can I maybe pay you to spy on @pablodp606 for the latest Sculpt Mode news? I’ll provide a secret microphone. :grin:

2 Likes

No need to, I think @pablodp606 will tell us the new plans as soon as he thinks he can speak about what he wants to do, I assume this has to be organized and approved in the B.I. :slight_smile:

5 Likes