Please correct me if I’m doing it wrong.
It doesn’t seem to have add new View Layer under View Layers, so instead I have added a new Scene, and I was able to override the visibility on the objects.
With this approach I’ll also be able to create AOVs for each lights, it just gonna take more time to setup.
- I’m currently selecting and rendering one Scene at a time.
Is there an option somewhere to batch render all Scenes at once when I hit render animation?
- For the AOVs, is there a way to rename “Combined” to “rgba”, and remove the prefix in my case “View_Layers”
It’d be great to have it by default that’d be closer to most industry standard naming convention.
It’ll also be great to have the ability to customize the naming for all of the AOVs, and adding custom AOVs like Fresnel, Facing Ratio and etc…
- We use P and N passes extensively for pulling matte, adding 3d noise, relighting and adding interactive lighting in compositing.
Can we put in a feature request if P world and P ref isn’t yet planned for the future build please?
- I spotted an issue with the Z depth AOV, the depth data looks unpremulted which is correct, however when I compare it against the alpha, it’s actually smaller than the alpha.
The Z depth is suppose to have a few pixels coverage furthur than the alpha channel in order to work properly.
Not sure if this is a known issue or should we put in a bug report?
- Can we also put in a feature request for Deep EXR please?
With Deep data we can not only merging and holdout all render elements across different renderers, it can also produce a precise Z depth data.
I see lots of potential in Blender 2.8 and Cycles, and I really would love to see it grows into a full production ready package.
Please private message me, if there’s anything I can do and participate to help making Blender & Cycles better.