Cycles/EEVEE Improvements - Weekly Reports

I’ve been loving the progress here so far, however I’m a tad stuck when it comes to trying to have a 3d object with voronoi where the gaps between cells are the same size (as seen in the image below). I’ve made a temorary fix in the bottom section of the image, though the cells are not as smooth as how I wish them tobe and there are still noticable variability in the size of the gaps between cells.

I’ve also thought about UV’ing the 3d object and then applying a 2d voronoi to the UV image, but realised that would make some noticable seams around said object. I’m not entirely sure if there’s a solution to this, but if there was it would be amazing to see it :joy:

6 Likes

is it going to be a place in the Blender manual with all the examples in this page? at least a link to this page in the release notes ¿?

1 Like

It would be great for Dragon scales and or other organic patterns such as Animal Noses

Is there any chance that custom object attributes in the attribute node are still being worked on? IIRC they were in the original proposal for this GSoC… and I would strongly vouch for that idea. It honestly seems (from the perspective of a user seeing the UI) like that is what the custom object attributes are for anyway, it almost feels more like a papercut then a feature request.

Personally, I think that this is very specific and needn’t be provided as a built-in functionality. Users may create and share node groups if they like.

Yes, we already started updating the manual, and I will add more examples to BSE.

I will definitely try to implement that again. But please note that it is not a “paper-cut”, it requires more work that you think.

4 Likes

3 Likes

@OmarEmaraDev Will you be continuing work on this project?
I’m super hyped about 2.81 because if this, but will you finish the Spline Info and Time nodes?

2 Likes

Made all alphabets and numberss after seeing you guys talking about nodes :sweat_smile:

4 Likes