Call for Content: Workspaces

My suggestion for Scripting:

With the Outliner in Data API mode. I think it is essential to explore the structure and possibilities, to know more better the api of blender.

11 Likes

UV Editing

18 Likes

I think blender must have different work-spaces depends on count of monitors, that you have. How it can be: on the start screen you can chose how many windows you want to have: 1, 2 (or more?) and then blender setups default work-spaces depends of your chose.

My Take on Shading:
Edit: Withdrawn - the one by PVTR is so much better

3 Likes

My suggestion for modeling workspace, expecially when working on large project. I use it in architectural visualization project with a lot of props. Hope could be good for someone!

Maybe could be possible to add some usefull addon under the outliner if needed.

5 Likes
  1. Scripting: why everyone are putting scripting: text editor and python console in horizontal way!? It is far better to see the code in full height, and if you run something in python console it is nice to have feedback in many lines back what happened.
    Text and Console in Vertical! Side by side! Who’s with me? Are u with me? Are, u ,with me?

Rendering

• Two Properties Areas - one for settings, the other one for Color Management next to the Image Editor.
  • Properties Headers hidden
  • I rearranged some panels in the Properties to fit the Workspace better.
  • I imagine this being the "Workspace that opens when hitting F12 / F11 - so maybe there could be a “Back to Previous” Button in the Tabbar instead of the Workspaces Tabs (in case it is opened via F12 / F11 / Render Button)
12 Likes

People’s computer screens are usually horizontal panoramic not vertical…

1 Like

I like it. I’m thinking that could be usefull use a little space over or under the properties panel to add a 3dview area in camera mode so that is possible to see which camera is selected for render.

Sculpting with MatCap and Dynotopo.

4 Likes

UV Editing

workspaces.blend file

Currently the viewport shading is set to studio -> texture, I’m not sure if / how the 3d viewport supposed to show the UV-Image editor image for now.
I have basically everything distracting disabled from the overlay (axis, relationships, 3d cursor).
An alternative would be using the default material shading, showing seams has been activated.

Since it is related to UV-Editing I have also included a material property panel, this could also be handy to quickly apply an image opened in the UV editor to the material nodes.

I have also pinned all available UV tools, it’s hard to tell how much change would be needed when a proper UV icon toolbar is available.

Edit: I forgot do mention, that when it becomes available for 2.8 of course magic UVs addon should be enabled in this workspace.

2 Likes

Sculpting
Stuff on the right, since most people are right handed. :wink:

7 Likes

I dont think that there is a whole ton of room for originality here, but I hope this video editing work-space is useful, it has areas for files, preview, the sequencer, and most importantly, properties for the video settings and another side panel for the strip settings and modifiers (something that is often overlooked)

(although this screenshot doesn’t show it, the topbar is now hidden.)

(google drive link to .blend file)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OTi8jryQ6gk9VBmdxavMoNmDaeShXkLS

9 Likes

My material editor proposal, hope you like it… :slight_smile:

36 Likes

Animation layout
3D view on left up is camera view. You can see two Action Editor. One for all object and one for only selected. I also use hotkey for switch Action Editor with Graph Editor (Space)

Composition layout

Right down view is for camera. For Composition is important big node editor, properties and change frame (timeline)

PS: sorry for multiple Reply, but I can not upload more images in one post :slight_smile:

Here is a simple shading editor, just to get the job done. (The node wrangler addon is enabled for this one)

Google drive link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DuHTkl8PA8GswMceyuJ3zlA6SccLZpiM

3 Likes

my 2 cents
Video editor

I usually need the Image editor to see the output, you could need that for masking too, and the render display mode in image editor, one sequencer in image, the other in sequencer mode with the n panel open, the properties panel to change the output, size etc… the browser in tumbnails mode and the header of the timeline, I barely use the vectorscope and I usually do color correction without that

3 Likes

And Tracking

14 Likes

Reminder

Not 4k or anything. :+1:

4 Likes