Call for Content: Themes

Oh I see the problem. It should be fixed now.

If it’s still an issue please let me know. Thanks.

i like this grey-red color scheme! would be cool to see more red accents :smiley:
nice job!

EDIT:
Updated version with lots of tiny usability improvements:
minimalistic_blue.xml (46.7 KB)

9 Likes

Aun No me dejan Compartir El Enlace o Link .XML

2 Likes

I like the way it don’t burn eyes.
But properties section from medium theme is better recognisable than in 27-300
I would recommend to make properties background in 27-300 darker in the same way to get clear sections separators.

And I’ve also made a OneDark version, for anyone interested:

Minimalistic_OneDark.xml (46.7 KB)

EDIT:
Made also one with green accent color:

Minimalistic_OneDark_Green.xml (46.7 KB)

EDIT2:
Would anyone be interested in versions of the theme with other OneDark palette accent colors?

(Yellow, Blue, Violet, Cyan or Gray?)

14 Likes

I’ve started working on a version of the dracula theme for blender 3.0. The original version was made by @ChildishGiant for blender 2.7x

there are currently lots of inconsistencies that need to be ironed out

7 Likes

thx for this theme, i’ve made some changes to add more contrast in some places

First thing is within the timeline ( dopesheet in the preferences )

Before

After

Before

After

1 Like

I’ve started working on Dracula theme for version 2.8 long time ago, but paused it for my Gruvbox theme (also a long time project, have to show it here finally).

4 Likes

Blender Gruvbox theme

I’ve modified it countless time, but I believe I’ve finally settled on it. I’m using alpha version of Blender (compiled every day), so I’m trying to keep an eye on any changes within Blender, although I don’t have always time to update it immediately, eventually I will.
There are 2 areas that require more work. First one is bone colour sets. There are a lot of bones and Gruvbox colour scheme is not very rich. I leave it unchanged for now, because I don’t know how to approach it. Yet. Second thing is to create two additional Gruvbox themes - darker and lighter (which will make current one a medium dark).
Light theme is not something that I use at all, but I will update it just like a dark one. I’ve created it only because Gruvbox comes with dark and light colour schemes and it would be good to have it along.

3 Likes

Do you use some kind of tool or addon to edit the theme? Because changing accent color even once seems too much work already. :thinking:

My Fusion theme updated for Blender 3

phoenixart_fusion.xml (46.7 KB)

3 Likes

Ye, I bought this for $15: Theme Editor - Blender Market
Best $15 I’ve ever spent on a Blender addon. It’s not necessarily that this addon is great, but it goes to show just how incredibly bad the default Blender theme editor is. :slight_smile:

Even with the addon, it still took quite a lot of work initially to create a theme which as as few unique colors as possible (as small of a palette as possible without reducing the theme usability). But once I had that one, I can make a nice derivations of a very clean theme fairly quickly.

8 Likes

Brown.xml (46.7 KB)

Cinema.xml (46.7 KB)

Dark_Edge.xml (46.7 KB)

GP.xml (46.7 KB)

Edge.xml (46.7 KB)

Lightwave.xml (46.7 KB)

Trans.xml (46.7 KB)

Max.xml (46.7 KB)

Maya.xml (46.7 KB)

Modo.xml (46.7 KB)

Substance.xml (46.7 KB)

11 Likes

While I do like light themes for use in a bright room, they generally cause eyestrain. Your yellower bright theme looked a bit odd at first glance, but it really seems like a very functional light theme with far lower eyestrain. In fact, since this is effectively a white theme with a blue light filter on it, it may even be good for evening/night work.

1 Like

does anyone know how to change the colour of the sculpting cursor

It’s not in the theme, it is set per brush in the brush settings.

Permanent Intervals

Permanent_Intervals.xml (46.7 KB)

4 Likes