Call for Content: Themes

Wellp, get your votes on the XSIMOD theme for 2.82 because it’s not legacy, I made each theme option from zero to hero. 6h for 2.81 edits and 8h for 2.82 edits. So I can finally hope this stabilizes. Takes a lot of time and effort to make everything cohesive (UI color-guideline-wise). And I not only work on the main UI, but UV, VSE, Texture paint, Text editor, NLA, etc… like you can see in my original post.
Thank you all for your support with the theme, specially to Japanese and Chinese community which have the largest request for this theme on my site.

5 Likes

XSI Winter Pro Halo
xsi_winter_pro_halo.xml (42,8 KB)
Simply a variant of the XSI Winter Pro theme but with the addition of the new radial gradient background

4 Likes

This is totally fitting for “Blender STEAM theme”. :slight_smile:

Updated list of picks are available here:

https://developer.blender.org/T74360

We should be able to include these for 2.83.

It would be useful if the original theme authors would be willing to fix the theme issues mentioned, so we can include them. Thanks!

9 Likes

Yo @DavidRivera @Vojtisek @MichailSoluyanov @Fweeb @Shiv0r
Theme fixing required. :wink:

2 Likes

@DavidRivera Well, your theme on XSI has been chosen, probably because it looks more faithful to the original theme.

(hidden:just a xsi fun opinion)

(even if in reality it makes me turn up my nose for the dark 3dview background, if it is a theme faithful to the original, it doesn’t make sense)

You should be careful to correct the details, because during these months corrections have been made to small theming errors there has been a painstaking job …
Here in Theme Development - Paper Cuts there is the list of problems that have emerged and that have been resolved and therefore the colors should be arranged accordingly, probably the other themes authors should also check if their themes are also affected by these errors.

This is an example of the known theming problems (on the clear themes it is more noticeable) the checked texts in the options menus become different colors.

I updated my xsi blend sky theme, since now the toolbar item has been fixed and allows you to use clear themes in a more harmonious way
I also created a more “classic” version with a gray background

check the quality of the themes :wink:
xsi_blend_sky.xml (43,3 KB) xsi_classic.xml (43,3 KB)

1 Like

Hi William. I just saw the message at 5am local time. As soon as I get to the desktop in some more hours, I will present and correct the theme for 2.83. Usually takes me around 4-6h to build it from scratch, but as you pointed the issues, I will solve them directly as mentioned. And thanks for picking it up! :slight_smile:

1 Like

To truly get the layout feeling modifiers (shift+f9) should be to the left side of layout. Outliner should be divided and material view should be on the left side with tabs. :slight_smile:

I’m wondering if the majority of the theme creators here even use their own themes. :upside_down_face:

Looks like nope!

1 Like

I don’t think there is a Call of Content for templates or is there one? Because all layout things are stored in the startup file^^

I use my xsi winter pro daily, and I guarantee you that it took me almost a month to debug it, because during the workflow you often realize that the colors that looked beautiful, then they didn’t work well on while you use it in a heavy way

1 Like

@billrey I’d love to see the Fresh Snow theme included too, it’s pretty high quality and it’d be nice to include more than just one light theme (not counting the one made for printing)

1 Like

Yes there was. Search for “workspaces”.

Check https://YouTube.com/c/activemotionpictures all of those videos themed with XSIMOD theme.

@billrey I replied to the 2.83 call for fixing the XSIMOD theme on this thread: https://developer.blender.org/T74360
And there are a lot of issues to be resolved in Blender for better future themes. I will describe them in the link when I finish doing this (took 12 hours).

I believe sharing themes fit better in blender.community .

No one has a standard theme from 2.7 for 2.8?

This is something I had from some time ago, if you want to look at it.
There are probably some bad values here and there, most likely in the outliner and file browser, since those had some big changes. 27x_2.xml (42.8 KB)

Is that the same as your theme “blender medium” here? Call for Content: Themes