Blender on chrome

So ive gotten interested in using blender but I cant figure out how to download it onto the chromebook I have… does anyone have suggestions?

Blender don’t run on Chrome OS.

1 Like

well that was helpful

does anyone have any other suggestions?

Download the source code for Blender and its dependencies and compile them for your operating system.
Make sure you have a video driver that supports modern OpenGL and you should be golden.

Not really sure what you’re looking for, he’s exactly right. Chrome OS is a completely different operating system than windows, or mac. the only way to make it work on chrome OS is to compile it for that operating system and fix any problems that arise from that attempt. It’s at least based on the linux kernel so there’s some shred of hope that it could compile with some effort, but once you have it compiling, you will likely run head-first into the extremely low-end hardware limitations of a chromebook.

I think that it to easy install dual boot whit a distro linux.

https://www.linuxinsider.com/story/85799.html

Linux apps now can run in a Chromebook’s Chrome OS environment. However, the process can be tricky, and it depends on your hardware’s design and Google’s whims.

1 Like

I recently came across a webpage where you could run applications from a server and run the in your browser on any system, that might be a good choice if the hardware is lowend on the chromebook.
I have not tried it but maybe its what you need.

https://www.rollapp.com/search?query=Blender#/app/blender/modal

Yes! Blender is now possible on a chromebook. First you need to go into the settings app and install the linux console. Then you put in these commands one by one:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:thomas-schiex/blender

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install blender

Once you type in those commands and it finishes installing press the search button, type in blender, and open it up. It will run slowly because it’s a chromebook, but it works!

1 Like

you probably need the accelerated Mesa for the gpu and start blender with these libraries …

This worked like butter for me. Thanks for the heads up, Bub.

“All props to Romero!”