Blender 4.3 - Grease Pencil v3 Feedback

Just wondering, you guys plan on removing whatever const keyword in the data structure that is linked to the grease pencil frame object for the Python API? Would love to get my scripts work again, and they adjust the frame_number variable.

Unfortunately, changing the frame number of a Grease Pencil frame is not something we can do from the frame itself anymore. The frame number isn’t stored on the frame, but in the layer now.
So instead, there is going to be a layer.frames.move(from_frame_number, to_frame_number) function.

I see, well as long as there is a way to have the Python API interact and change the frame number of a frame then it’s fine.
Maybe make it so that it takes more than one frame? Like from_frame_number could be a list/array ? So if I have 100 frames that I want to change their time, if I precompute the frame numbers I could just call the function once instead of going through all 100 frames and call it.

Hi, I’m not really into Grease pencil and just testing new features in 4.3. I want to help and suggest. When creating shapes like line, box and circle in grease pencil. Users should be able to continue making the shape without having to press the enter key to confirm. If my suggestion is bad for UX, maybe after you create a line, box and circle shape, at the bottom there will be a pop-over button that says [confirm] [cancel].

Polyline tool: When you click on the first point you created, I think it should connect the line. I don’t know if there’s a feature/shortcut that connects it automatically. Please see video attached.

2 Likes

Yes, we’re aware that the tools are not ideal and we have plans to improve them. But this thread is specifically meant for feedback on the Grease Pencil 3 project, not feature requests.

2 Likes

Update: Beta stage!

Bender 4.3 entered beta this week! This means that Grease Pencil 3 will not receive any new major features and only bug fixes from now on. See the announcement here: Blender 4.3 Beta is here! — Blender Developers Blog. Please download the beta, test, and report any bugs. Thank you!

In the next week or two, we’ll complete the release notes, the manual as well as the documentation for the migration process for python developers.

1 Like