Blender 2.8

When I first saw Blender 2.8, I was really confused and angry, because I thought, I have to learn work with Blender again.

Now Blender 2.8 is released and I work with for some weeks. Now I must say, Blender 2.8 is really fantastic.Sure, I have to learn some things again, but in the main I can say, Blender works great. You did a fantastic job!!! EEVEE is genius!

Some things, I have to citicize. N-Panel object transforms I need always in viewport. May you can give users a choice to display that in a more 2.79-way. Loop cut tool was also easier to use in 2.79.

1 Like

I also love 2.8 :slight_smile:
I don’t know what you mean about the loopcut tool, except that in 2.79 before opensubdiv it was less laggy in the viewport. Now mine lags when subdivided and it didn’t before.

I mean number of cuts. Previously it was controlled by mouse wheel. That was so pleasant. I know, thereis a way to enable this, but I cannot find. Sometimes it is enabled, sometimes I only can change it by type. Also the tool info (number of cuts) itself is not always displayed in viewport.

1 Like

This was never fixed. Basically it only works if you use the hotkey Ctrl + R. Sad…

2 Likes

why didn’t you call the thread “N-Panel object transforms not in viewport”? Blender 2.8 could ean anything!