Is Right-Click Select used by the Blender Foundation? Two years ago, I saw in this post, Where can I submit a request for a function for a blender?, that Right-Click Select is the place for Blender Feature Requests. So I submitted some detailed Feature Requests for Grease Pencil, the most popular being Grease Pencil Material: Texture Spacing, Angle, & Scatter in Dots/Boxes Mode. It has been the 4th most popular Grease Pencil Feature Request for over a year, but nothing has happened with it. Same goes with the 2nd & 3rd Top Feature Requests. The 1st Top Feature Request, Grease pencil - Boolean in Draw mode, has had the status of “In Development” for over 2 years.
Here are my questions:
- Is Right-Click Select really used by the Blender Foundation? @antonioya @filedescriptor @MatiasMendiola
- If so, how are these ideas chosen for implementation?
- Why have no Grease Pencil ideas been implemented from Right-Click Select for over two years?
For what it’s worth, here are my Grease Pencil feature requests:
- Grease Pencil Material: Texture Spacing, Angle, & Scatter in Dots/Boxes Mode
- Grease Pencil Material: Stroke Texture Mask
- Grease Pencil Material: Dynamic Color
- Grease Pencil Modifier: Noise Scale & Dimension Controls
I’d very much like to learn how to get Feature Requests through to the Blender Foundation. Thank you!