22 November 2021
Notes for weekly communication of ongoing projects and modules.
- Blender 3.0 bcon4 planned for November 24, 2021.
- LTS Update: Blender 2.93.6 has been released and brings 28 fixes since last release.
- Add-Ons policy update: New key requirements for Add-ons have been added.
New splash for the 3.x series for the development builds.
- EEVEE rewrite progress is now centralized in this task ⚓ T93220 EEVEE rewrite
- Geometry Nodes: Support custom instance attributes (commit, commit, commit) (Erik Abrahamsson, Hans Goudey)
- Add warning when retrieving modifier’s object’s geometry from the object info node (commit) (Hans Goudey)
- Decrease overhead of field evaluation with many nodes (commit) (Jacques Lucke)
- Node Editor
- Use asset catalog tree view system for the spreadsheet dataset panel (commit) (Hans Goudey)
- Small tweaks to UI labels (commit, commit) (Nikhil Shringarpurey, Aaron Carlisle)
- Use alpha over as default blend mode (commit) (Richard Antalik)
- Improve performance of alpha over blending in some cases (commit) (Richard Antalik)
- Disallow single file as asset library (commit) (Sybren A. Stüvel)
- Include partial matches when filtering tags (commit) (Sybren A. Stüvel)
meta.separate()Python API function (commit) (Félix)