2024-10-03 Pipeline, Assets & I/O Meeting

Everyone is welcome on the Google Meet linked below every other Thursday, at 17:00 CEST.

Present:

The meeting covers the Pipeline & I/O module topics (USD integration, other external fileformats support…).

Links

USD

4.3 Targets

• The Material purpose patch for import is almost ready, will likely be merged in 4.3.
  • Micheal J:
    • Has small fix improving instancing situation in export, as part of bigger changes similar to Micheal K Scene Instancing design task. Will submit it for 4.3.
    • Has work in progress support for point instancing export. there is still little design about general handling of this export (how/when to decide to export instances as point instances), so a first good step could be to require a specific set-up of the scene to get point instance exported as such.
  • Scene scaling work is for later.
  • Micheal K will handle creating the 4.4 targets task and move relevant one from the 4.3 task.

Other

• The Image I/O ‘sub-module’ will be moved from ‘Core’ to ‘Pipeline, Assets & I/O’ module.

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be on Thursday 17th October, 17:00 CEST/Amsterdam time (your local time: 2024-10-17T15:00:00Z).

The provisional meeting agenda will be linked in the #pipeline-assets-io-module channel before the meeting.

3 Likes