2024-07-12 Animation & Rigging module meeting

The meeting will be on 2024-07-11T16:00:00Z. It is open for everybody interested to join the video call (link below).

People present are referred to by first name for brevity. Others are referred to by full name.

Present: Bassam Kurdali, Christoph Lendenfeld, Daniel Salazar, David W, Jeremy Bot, Nate Rupsis, Sybren Stüvel

Links

Since the Last Meeting / Announcements

• Blender 4.2 is now in Release Candidate phase
    • Under consideration now: merging bcon1 and bcon2 into one phase, and just referring to the phases as ‘alpha’, ‘beta’, ‘release candidate’, and ‘release’.
  • Release notes in tech docs: Animation Python API changes should only be mentioned in the Python API section. The Animation section can have a link that points there.

Landed

Names are from the Git log. This list is limited to functional improvements & bugfixes.

Blender

Technical Documentation

Ongoing Work

Patches: Review & Decision Time

• #124412: Animation: Frame Specific Axes
    • Christoph: Luciano also asked about this a while ago.
    • Bassam: I like the idea
    • Sybren: About the terminology: “width/height”? Maybe “time/value”?
    • Christoph: “time/value” would work for the graph editor, the same operator is used in the dope sheet though. That just doesn’t change the vertical zoom.
    • Sybren: maybe then “time/value” is even more applicable, as you don’t see key values in the dopesheet anyway (but you do have a “height”).
    • Christoph agrees. Bassam thought the same thing.
  • #123490: Anim: Option to stop playback of movies and image sequences Needs artist feedback. The idea is to allow manual control of which frame an image sequence or movie displays.
    • Christoph needs feedback on the functionality, to get that right. After that, we can do a UI/UX pass.
    • Christoph will add screenshot for clarity.
    • Jeremy: sounds like handy functionality.
    • Bassam: I tried out the build for the Play Back checkbox, I like the functionality, I agree that whole area is a bit too complex seeming

Help Needed

• Brush Assets have landed (announcement.
    Who wants to work on some Weight Paint brushes for the ‘Essentials’ asset pack?
    • Daniel will work on it.
  • Christoph: Test Blender 4.2!

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be on Tuesday 2024-07-16T10:00:00Z. Again it will be open for everybody who’s interested. The provisionary meeting agenda will be updated before the meeting.

7 Likes