2024-04-09 Sequencer meeting notes


  • Aras Pranckevičius
  • Sebastian Parborg
  • Sergey Sharybin


  • Aras has progress on 10/12 BPP and HDR video output support
    • Need to have a tested ground-truth result, to ensure the code delivers expected result
    • Sergey will check with Nathan and the studio, as similar tests were done recently at the Studio.
  • Sebastian will get back to cache patch
  • There are a number of bottlenecks discovered in the past month, and it worth creating a task for them, so that they do not get get forgotten:
    • Deferred queue of frames to write
    • OpenGL render and image update which keeps things slow
    • Proxy generation performance (follow ffmpeg CLI)
  • Add VSE to performance tests, such as Pets or Gold edit.
  • The timeline re-design implementation from Aras needs to be re-confirmed by Pablo

Practical Info

This is a forthlightly video chat meeting for planning and discussion of VFX & Video in Blender. Any contributor (developer, UI/UX designer, writer, …) working on these areas in Blender is welcome to join and add proposed items to the agenda.

For users and other interested parties, we ask to read the meeting notes instead so that the meeting can remain focused.