Everyone is welcome on the Google Meet linked below every other Thursday, at 17:00 CET.
The meeting covers the pipeline & I/O module in a broader sense, including some topics hosted in other modules (e.g. some I/O python add-ons, or overrides and .blend file I/O from the Core module).
- Google Meet
- Previous meeting
- Next meeting
- Pipeline, Assets & I/O project
- Core project
- #pipeline-assets-io-module chat channel
- #core-module chat channel
Ongoing development for Blender 4.1 targets
- Micheal merged both USD Scene Graph instancing and Armatures and ShpeKeys export to UsdSkel. He still wants to work on the python import hooks, aiming at a merge in the coming weeks, during BCon2.
- Alembic/USD geometry sets import still has several issues: crashes, unknowns regarding the support of the new Curves ID, …
- USD Geometry Point and Point Instancer import features are running late, it’s unclear if they can be ready within the coming two weeks, or need to be rescheduled for the 4.2 release.
As a reminder, Blender 4.1 moved into BCon2 on the 3rd January.
Jesse will also check on the open USD-related reports. There are already a few PRs for bugfixes waiting to be finalized.
See also the synthetic task.
Charles wants to start working on a prototype based on the ‘new ID’ idea, which is one of the options defined in the design task. This design remains very general and fuzzy currently, so that would be a highly experimental work.
This is about the basic support of export settings per collection, available for any external format (not the more advanced topics discussed in the previous meetings, specific to USD).
See also the design task.
Jesse has been working on a prototype. He is currently facing some UI-related issues regarding panels drawing and operators calling.
Cascading handling of sub-collections will likely not be tackled in the initial build, but considered as a later improvement.
The next meeting will be on Thursday 18th January, 17:00 CET/Amsterdam time (your local time: 2024-01-18T16:00:00Z).
The provisional meeting agenda will be linked in the #pipeline-assets-io-module channel before the meeting.