This is a weekly video chat meeting for planning and discussion of Blender EEVEE/viewport module development. Any contributor (developer, UI/UX designer, writer, …) working on EEVEE/viewport in Blender is welcome to join.
For users and other interested parties, we ask to read the meeting notes instead so that the meeting can remain focused.
- Google Meet
- Next Meeting: November 20, 2023, 11:30 AM to 12:00 PM Amsterdam Time (Your local time: 2023-11-20T10:30:00Z → 2023-11-20T11:00:00Z)
- Initial pass for the manual has been done. Shadow pipeline and light probe pipeline hasn’t been documented yet and more details needs to be added.
- Several fixes surrounding UI, Normal Map, Render region and Shadowing
- Fixed issue with channel packed alpha and none alpha options in texture mode [#114377 - Workbench ignore "Channel packed" and "None" Alpha option on texture - blender - Blender Projects].
- Fixed flickering of workbench on Intel and AMD platforms. Cause was that the depth texture was requested from a texture pool. As Intel and AMD GPUs don’t support 24 bit depth texture it was uses a 32 bit depth texture and overwrote the texture type. By doing this the texture pool always wanted to create a new texture in between samples causing the screen to flicker. [https://project.blender.org/blender/blender/pulls/114697]
- At the end of the vertex/geometry stage the depth position is retargetted so it emulates OpenGL depth clipping. This is done during shading patching. When using geometry stages, the
EmitVertexhas to be replaced with
gpu_EmitVertexto perform the retargetting. [https://project.blender.org/blender/blender/pulls/114669]
- Grease pencil (v2) drawing is working [https://project.blender.org/blender/blender/pulls/114659]
- Fixed shadow rendering. There are some precision issues left. [https://project.blender.org/blender/blender/pulls/114673]
- Add support for devices that don’t support
VK_FORMAT_R8G8B8_*as vertex buffer format. [https://project.blender.org/blender/blender/pulls/114572]