Everyone is welcome on the Google Meet linked below every other Thursday, at 17:00 CEST.
The meeting covers the pipeline & I/O module in a broader sense, including some topics hosted in other modules (e.g. some I/O python add-ons, or overrides and .blend file I/O from the Core module).
- Google Meet
- Previous meeting
- Next meeting
- Pipeline, Assets & I/O project
- Core project
- #pipeline-assets-io-module chat channel
- #core-module chat channel
- UsdSkel export:
- Feature is now stable and ready for review, but getting it there was harder than expected.
- Complex modifiers stacks cannot be represented in USD.
- Solution is likely to support two cases:
- Basic export of rigs, with most of the modifiers disabled.
- Export of full complex animation through baking into point caches.
- Bastien will handle review.
- Target release is now Blender 4.1.
- 4.1 targets:
- No real new targets added yet. Ideas:
- Support subdivision schema for export?
- Bastien reminds the team that now is also a good moment to check on bug reports for Blender 4.0.
The next meeting will be on Thursday 05th October, 17:00 CEST/Amsterdam time (your local time: 2023-10-05T15:00:00Z).
The provisional meeting agenda will be linked in the #pipeline-assets-io-module channel before the meeting.