This is a weekly video chat meeting for planning and discussion of Blender Eevee/viewport module development. Any contributor (developer, UI/UX designer, writer, …) working on Eevee/viewport in Blender is welcome to join.
For users and other interested parties, we ask to read the meeting notes instead so that the meeting can remain focused.
- Google Meet
- Next Meeting: July 17, 2023, 11:30 AM to 12:00 PM Amsterdam Time (Your local time: 2023-07-17T09:30:00Z → 2023-07-17T10:00:00Z)
- Light probes
- Probe cubemaps are now stored in octahedral mapping space (#109559 - Eevee-next: Octahedral mapping - blender - Blender Projects)
- Multiple probes with different resoltions are stored in a single texture (#109688 - Eevee-next: Reflection Probe Packing - blender - Blender Projects)
- Initial implementation details are described at (Reflection probes - Blender Developer Documentation)
- Initial HDRI switcher (#109548 - Eevee-next: Lookdev HDRI Switcher - blender - Blender Projects) landed. It has some limitations as the change of a world is 3d viewport dependant, but scene based light volume are stored in scene level. In future more developments should be done to make sure that switching HDRI would also affect diffuse light.
- Work continued on
- In development
- SSR denoising. Solution is based on Eevee-rewrite branch and the Lumen presentation given by the developers last year.
- Hair & Curves (#109833 - WIP: EEVEE Next: Hair & Curves - blender - Blender Projects)
- Volumes (https://projects.blender.org/blender/blender/pulls/107176)
- In Review
- In development
- Fixing a regression with transparency depth
- Fixing overlay composition with ‘In Front’ objects
- Development of the Kuwahara node is still being worked on.
- Blender minimum OpenGL version will be bumped soon. We will display a message to the user when running on not supported platforms, but they are still being able to start Blender. When Workbench-next is made default they won’t be able to start Blender anymore as that is the time that we actually require OpenGL 4.3
- Blender requirements page already showed this requirement for some releases, this change will make the ‘paper’ minimum requirement become a hard requirement.