2023-04-06 Pipeline, Assets & I/O Meeting

Everyone is welcome on the Google Meet linked below every other Thursday, at 17:00 CEST.

Present: Bastien Montagne, Brian Savery, Charles Wardlaw, Hans Goudey, Matt McLin, Michael Johnson, Peter Baintner

The meeting covers the pipeline & I/O module in a broader sense, including some topics hosted in other modules (e.g. some I/O python add-ons, or overrides and .blend file I/O from the Core module).

Links

USD

• Vertex color patch: Charles expresses concerns about slow review. This patch has been in review for over 8 months now. Root of the issue remains essentially the same, which is a lack of time to coordinate this project for Blender. The Blender Institute is still looking for someone for this position.
  • Charles notes that Michael Kowalsky is working on improvements for support of preview surface.
  • Michael Johnson is still struggling with getting debug builds of the USD library, before he can evaluate current status.
  • The team requests adding MaterialX support to Blender USD libraries for 3.6, Bastien will update the relevant task.

Other

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be on Thursday 20th April, 17:00 CEST/Amsterdam time (your local time: 2023-04-20T15:00:00Z).

The provisional meeting agenda will be linked in the #pipeline-assets-io-module channel before the meeting.

1 Like