Everyone is welcome on the Google Meet linked below every other Thursday, at 17:00 CEST.
Present: Bastien Montagne, Brian Savery, Charles Wardlaw, Hans Goudey, Matt McLin, Michael Johnson, Peter Baintner
The meeting covers the pipeline & I/O module in a broader sense, including some topics hosted in other modules (e.g. some I/O python add-ons, or overrides and .blend file I/O from the Core module).
- Google Meet
- Previous meeting
- Next meeting
- Pipeline, Assets & I/O project
- Core project
- #pipeline-assets-io-module chat channel
- #core-module chat channel
- Vertex color patch: Charles expresses concerns about slow review. This patch has been in review for over 8 months now. Root of the issue remains essentially the same, which is a lack of time to coordinate this project for Blender. The Blender Institute is still looking for someone for this position.
- Charles notes that Michael Kowalsky is working on improvements for support of preview surface.
- Michael Johnson is still struggling with getting debug builds of the USD library, before he can evaluate current status.
- The team requests adding MaterialX support to Blender USD libraries for 3.6, Bastien will update the relevant task.
The next meeting will be on Thursday 20th April, 17:00 CEST/Amsterdam time (your local time: 2023-04-20T15:00:00Z).
The provisional meeting agenda will be linked in the #pipeline-assets-io-module channel before the meeting.