- Amélie Fondevilla (Les Fées Spéciales, developer)
- Andry Rasoahaingo (Dedouze - 2D/3D illustrator, animator)
- Antonio Vazquez (Grease Pencil owner developer)
- Falk David (grease pencil developer)
- Fiona Cohen (producer, Blender)
- Matias Mendiola (Story Artist - Grease Pencil core team)
- Nick Alberelli (Community Member, Tiny Media)
- Nick Fox-Gieg (PhD student - York University, Toronto)
- Samuel Bernou (developer, ADV Studios)
- Shen Ciao (developer)
- Yiming Wu (developer, Line Art stuff)
- Grease Pencil 3.0: Technical Design
- Possibly schedule developer meeting to talk about the final design
- LineArt Meeting
- Last week: Falk was at Blender in Amsterdam to discuss the design for GP 3.0 with the admin developers.
- The general plan was green-lit, with a rough schedule for the next 5-6 weeks: Grease Pencil 3.0: Final technical design - HackMD
Grease Pencil 3.0: Technical Design
- Possibly schedule developer meeting to talk about the final design.
- For Blender 4.0, the plan is to get GP 3.0 to a place where it covers the major features. Big topics like 2D booleans, better interpolation, and more, will have to wait for later.
- A workboard to track the progress of the GP 3.0 project has been created: Grease Pencil 3.0 - Workboard
- Proposal from Yiming Wu: Line Art under new GPencil (WIP).
- Antonio: We cannot lose the ability to edit line art.
- Nick A: There are some bugs with line art Line Art Issue Round-up for Tiny Media.
- Samual: There were problems with organic shapes and overlapping strokes on Unicorn wars.
- Fiona: Approach was: 3D > Freestyle > render > convert to GP objects.
- Samuel: Here is the talk of Christophe about the “GP tracer” (at 25min) : Note that the idea was also to generate the fills, shadows and light shading from the 3D models. Autour de Minuit: 15 years of animation projects, tools and ideas — Blender Conference 2022
- Samuel: The thread about face smoothness (that freestyle has) : https://devtalk.blender.org/t/line-art-face-smoothness-option/20382
- Amelie: maybe some issues with line art will be covered by combining it with additional nodes in the geometry nodes system.
- Nick Fox: What is the status of Freestyle?
- No more developer working on it.
- Was meant to be deprecated at some point and replaced by newer system.
- Falk: Suggests we split into two methods
- One for accuracy with access to the geometry (and capability to edit strokes).
- One for rendering (fast and easy).
- There was lots of discussion on this topic.
- We have a meeting about Line Art: 2023-03-10T11:00:00Z.
- Devtalk link: New Line Art proposal 2023, feedback?
We scheduled a developer meeting: 2023-03-13T15:00:00Z
- Time/Date: 2023-03-20T15:00:00Z
- Link: 2023-03-20 Grease Pencil Module Meeting