- Amélie Fondevilla (developer, Les Fées Spéciales)
- Antonio Vazquez (Grease Pencil Module Owner)
- Corrado Piscitelli (R&D, Mad Entertainment)
- Daniel Martinez Lara (Grease Pencil Team)
- Falk David (Grease Pencil developer)
- Fiona Cohen (producer, Blender Studio)
- Flavio Perez (Les Fées Spéciales)
- Ivan Cappiello (Head of animation, MAD Entertainment)
- Nick Fox-Gieg (York University)
- Nick Alberelli (Tiny Media)
- Ross Barefoot (Elliott Animation, generalist)
- Samuel Bernou (developer, @pullusb, ADV Studios)
- Shen Ciao (individual researcher)
- Talk about migration to gitea
- Shen Ciao: Will present his research on brushes rendered in OpenGL (~10min)
- Plan next meeting to summarize results of the user form and define big goals for GP 3.0.
- Falk: First day as grease pencil developer, this week will be working on more hair curves selection (as preparation for GP 3.0) and on a first draft of document with high level goals and principles.
- Fiona: First day as producer at Blender, will be in charge of preparing the grease pencil workshop in a few months.
- Gitea migration: Tomorrow (2023-02-06T23:00:00Z) will be the switch to gitea.
- For developers: make sure your BlenderID is in sync with your developer.blender.org account. See Gitea Diaries: Part 3 — Developer Blog.
- There will be some downtime of the git server and phabricator. Once projects.blender.org is up and running, we will get information on how to set up the local environment for the new git server, etc.
- Shen Ciao presented his research on brushes rendered in OpenGL:
- Work started in Blender as a fix for airbrushes (Blender Archive - developer.blender.org).
- Then moved to create a tool called Ciallo together with a research paper (in collaboration with Li Yi) and experimented with textured brushes using evenly spaced stamp textures.
- Implemented a vector based bucket fill tool. Still needs some work as it has issues with floating-point precision and can crash.
- Falk: This is very much the direction that we want to move with grease pencil.
- Antonio: We need to make sure that we work along side of the improvements being made with the rendering, brush management and eevee materials.
- Daniel: Is working on VR for this year together with 2 developers. The idea is to have a basic prototype and figure out the UI in VR (not only for grease pencil drawing but potentially more areas of Blender).
- Fiona: For the workshop it might be interesting to have not only developers, but also artists on site (budget would allow for this).
- We decided to do the meeting to summarize the results of the user form on 2023-02-10T15:00:00Z. We will also review the draft of the document that Falk will work on during the week.
- Time/Date: 2023-02-20T15:00:00Z
- Link: 2023-02-20 Grease Pencil Module Meeting