- Brecht Van Lommel (Blender)
- Weizhen Huang (Blender)
- Nikita Sirgienko (Intel)
- Michael Jones (Apple)
- Patrick Mours (NVIDIA)
The meeting in 2 weeks from now will be skipped due to Holidays, the next one is in 4 weeks.
- Many Lights sampling has landed, see release notes. Brecht will change it to disable it in existing .blend files by default, but still enabled by default in new scenes.
- OSL OptiX: this is now enabled in daily Windows builds after the new libraries landed, see release notes. Linux support will come once the new Linux libraries land.
- Metal: latest patches were reviewed, Michael will look into addressing comments. These can still land in bcon2 so should be fine for Blender 3.5.
- OneAPI: Nikita will submit some implementation cleanups to be reviewed.
- Hydra / MaterialX looks like it will be for Blender 3.6 given that these are big changes and there will not be enough time to review and iterate on this before the end of Blender 3.5 bcon1.
- Path Guiding update from Sebastian:
I started working on RIS as an alternative path guiding integration this should allow to also guide on glossy surfaces with and without depending on a diffuse component.
I will push it to the cycles_path_guiding branch as soon as I have an initial working version for testing.
I will notice the community in the test thread as soon as it is pushed and experimental builds are ready.
This is a weekly video chat meeting for planning and discussion of Blender rendering development. Any contributor (developer, UI/UX designer, writer, …) working on rendering in Blender is welcome to join and add proposed items to the agenda.
For users and other interested parties, we ask to read the meeting notes instead so that the meeting can remain focused.
- Google Meet
- Google Calendar Event
- Next Meeting: January 10 2023, 5 to 6 PM Amsterdam Time (Your local time: 2023-01-10T16:00:00Z → 2023-01-10T17:00:00Z)