tags: Eevee/Viewport module, Minutes
This is a weekly video chat meeting for planning and discussion of Blender Eevee/viewport module development. Any contributor (developer, UI/UX designer, writer, …) working on Eevee/viewport in Blender is welcome to join.
For users and other interested parties, we ask to read the meeting notes instead so that the meeting can remain focused.
- Google Meet
- Next Meeting: December 19, 2022, 11:30 AM to 12:00 PM Amsterdam Time (Your local time: 2022-12-19T10:30:00Z → 2022-12-19T11:00:00Z)
- Implement Simple Star Glare node. (rB5ee116d4489a).
- Implement Ghost Glare node. (rBfa27a5d066a1).
- Started with user manual.
- Still to do is to crop compositing to camera bounds.
- Mainly worked on Shadows.
- Some question about changes considering Metal and SSBOs. We might want to a different API to address this issue.
- Fix a bug for 3.4 release, where incorrect type cast was made.
Vector/matrix data structures
- CPP data structure patch; some discussion about the design process. During the design process the Core module wasn’t included. Patch description has been updated to include more context of the patch.
- Image engine now uses a set of tiles that make up the area to be drawn. This improves the smoothness when panning. When the user moves the tiles are used, only re-cycling tiles that went off-screen. c20e456ee04f
- Currently has some floating point precision issues when zoomed on large textures. Precision issues can be solved by using double matrices when calculating the bounds of the tiles.
- Most patches to support Eevee landed in master. Some shaders are still failing.
- Some outstanding tweaks are still needed. Expect to be up and running by the end of the year.
- Some issues on older hardware/macOS.
- Compute shader would be a next target (for early January)
- GLSL to Spir-V is still a target for this year. Currently fails as it hasn’t been adapted for the new Eevee create info shaders.
- Detected a macro issue which has been reported up-stream. Multiple work-arounds exists. Issue is that macros used as parameter of another macros are evaluated twice. Issue on github.