Date/Time: 2022-11-07 5pm CET
- Aleš Jelovčan (aka frogstomp, grease pencil contributor)
- Amelie Fondevilla (Les fées spéciales, developer)
- Andry “Dedouze” Rasoahaingo (2D/3D illustrator and animator, web developer, newbie python and blender addon developer)
- Antonio Vazquez (Grease Pencil module owner developer)
- Betti Abbattista (MAD entertainment, dev surface deform modifier for grease pencil)
- Christophe Seux (ADV Studios - Autour de Minuit, pipeline supervisor, I lost my body, Unicorn Wars)
- Dalai Felinto (Blender)
- Daniel “Pepeland” Lara (Grease Pencil module owner, user)
- Falk David (The SPA studios, developer)
- Fiona Cohen (ADV Studios - Autour de Minuit, Project supervisor)
- Flavio Perez (Les Fées Spéciales, tech supervisor)
- Ivan Cappiello (MAD Entertainment, Tech supervisor)
- Matias Mendiola (Grease Pencil core team, user)
- Ross “Barefoot” (LA Animation, )
- Samuel Bernou (ADV Studios - Autour de Minuit, addon manager, GP Toolbox, Grease Pencil Tools, Unicorn Wars)
- Sybren Stüvel (Animation & Rigging module owner)
- Yann Lanthony (The SPA studios, developer)
- We talked about Grease Pencil 3.0:
- High level goal: Get grease pencil ready for the next 10+ years.
- Involves rewrite of the core data-structure. There is a proposal.
- Needs a more precise design still. Idea is to get user stories so we can make better technical decisions → Will create a document for users to fill in their ideas.
- Sybren gave insight into the user documents created for the Animation & Rigging module
- Next step is to refine the design a bit in preparation of a workshop that would finalize it.
- Antonio: Get everything working with the new data structure, before adding any new features.
- Andry: We need to think about different groups of people, different goals:
- Artistic goal (drawing experience), technical goal (performance, clean code), pipeline/studio goal
- Falk: Yann and I started to work on the onion skinning issue (ghost frames are not affected by object or layer parent animation). Will report back next meeting.
- Ross: the Shift & Trace tool presented at the blender conference would help a lot (needs a public patch). Would like to have multi-object editing for grease pencil objects.
- Amélie: Would like to set up a developer meeting to go through the current proposal to get a better understanding
- Link: 2022-11-21 Grease Pencil Module Meeting
- SPA: Talk about current work on onion skinning.
- Review document with User Stories.