The meeting will be open for everybody interested to join on Google Meet (link below).
People present are referred to by first name for brevity. Others are referred to by full name.
- Google Meet
- A&R Module Meetings agenda for inclusion in your own calendar
- Previous and next meeting notes
- #animation-module chat channel
- OmeletoTheEgg, animator for Black Plasma Studios (YouTube channel).
- Christan, Omeleto’s friend.
Blender Conference discount for developers. Ton writes in bf-committers:
We offer a nice (45%) discount to developers who contributed to Blender in the past year. The definition of developer is a bit loose... but if you had 3 commits or 3 patches approved in the past year you're on the safe side. In other cases, defend your case! Contact Thomas Dinges to get your discount code. (thomas at blender org) If you already bought a ticket, we'll do a refund.
- 4344b2bf19e5: Markers: Make delete confirmation depend on key used
- 8e3879ab5276: Cleanup: Rename & refactor several F-curve functions
- 4812eda3c5d1: Animation RNA: Add
clear()method to FCurveKeyframePoints
- 2f834bfc1482: Fix T97559: Undoing of NLA strip duplication requires two undo steps
- b08c5381ac7f: default N-panel open for animation editors
T97980: N-panel visible by default in Animation editors
- Has landed.
- T96787: Edit mode normalize fails to respect non deforming groups or locked groups
- Considered to be too messy if all changes in the patch are applied, makes things harder to read.
- Overall the opinion is that just adjusting the colors is ok, also for not-selected keys.
- Luciano: only color the unselected colors; use the “selected” color always for selected keys.
- Marc: color should not be the only thing that communicates a state, because color blindness.
- Kevin links a Right Click Select proposal to color keys and rows in the Dopesheet in R/G/B for X/Y/Z transform channgels
- Marion likes, but zebra would already be good. Could be done on top of coloring.
Sybren: could be done based on RNA path suffix (any RNA path ending in
.rotation_euler, etc), but it’s not going to be perfect.
- Jason: good to take offline and have a design discussion for.
- Sybren: what if we focus on just the old keyframe coloring vs proposed improvement ?
- Luciano: unselected is too dark, hard to see what’s what.
- Marion will make mockups: Dropbox - keyframe_selection.JPG - Simplify your life
- Nate: Could be a good thing to keep in mind when mocking up the colors: Coloring for Colorblindness.
- Having options to add playback controls to any editor’s header is liked by the module.
- Kevin: maybe better to keep those to animation editors to be able to move forward faster.
- Luciano: good to have those choices (show playback controls in which editor) as user preferences.
- Kevin will work with Bassam to create a design task to focus the efforts.
@OmeletoTheEgg will give a demo of a pose library extension / implementation with animation snippets.
- Everybody is enthousiastic.
- Omeleto will send in patch for the pose library, to get things integrated into the official pose library add-on.
The next meeting will be on Thursday 4 August, 18:00-19 CEST (Your local time: 2022-08-04T16:00:00Z). Again it will be open for everybody who’s interested. The provisionary meeting agenda will be linked in the #animation-module channel before the meeting.