2022-05-19 Pipeline, Assets & I/O Meeting

Everyone is welcome on the Google Meet linked below every other Thursday, at 17:00 CEST.

Present: Bastien Montagne, Julian Eisel, Michael Kowalski

The meeting covers the pipeline & I/O module in a broader sense, including some topics hosted in other modules (e.g. some I/O python add-ons, or overrides and .blend file I/O from the Core module).

Links

USD

Michael has been handling bug fixing and stabilization tasks for the upcoming 3.2 Blender release. He also worked on supporting more color space attributes

Overrides

Bastien has been spending time on bug fixing and stabilization, also the Blender Studio starting actual production of The Heist is uncovering more issues and improvements points.

Julian is finishing the patch to improve grouping of properties in the override properties view (this will be for Blender 3.3).

Asset Browser

Julian worked on an initial version of the filebrowser rework to make it faster and more future-proof.

Michael asks about support for random URLs as source of assets, Julian answers that this is part of the overall design, but there is no concrete support for it currently.

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be on Thursday 2nd June, 17:00 CEST/Amsterdam time (your local time: 2022-06-02T15:00:00Z).

The provisional meeting agenda will be linked in the #pipeline-assets-io-module channel before the meeting.

7 Likes