- Brecht Van Lommel (Blender)
- William Leeson (Blender)
- Jeroen Bakker (Blender)
- Kévin Dietrich (Blender)
- Patrick Mours (NVIDIA)
- Brian Savery (AMD)
- Sergen Eren (Tangent)
- A new developer joined the Cycles team this weeked: William Leeson (leesonw). Welcome! He brings a lot of experience in rendering systems, in ray-tracing, realtime and 2D rendering. He’ll work with Brecht on general Cycles and rendering development.
- Cycles X: basic volume absorption works again, and the rest of volume rendering is being restored as well now. Work on that continues this week. Shadow catcher denoising and some correctness improvements are now done as well.
- Sergen is continuing work on the new delta tracking implementation for volume rendering at Tangent. Brecht will look at the code and check what can be incoorporated in Cycles X. Most likely these implementations will evolve side by side for a while.
- Kévin improved performance of GPU OpenSubdiv using caching in the Mesh runtime fields. Work continues to add for example UV support. Design discussion/decisions are needed regarding how this integrates with the rest of Blender outside the viewport, when there is no subdivided mesh available on the CPU for snapping / IO / etc.
- Mesh editing optimization continues, Jeroen and others made various incremental performance improvements.
This is a weekly video chat meeting for planning and discussion of Blender rendering development. Any contributor (developer, UI/UX designer, writer, …) working on rendering in Blender is welcome to join and add proposed items to the agenda.
For users and other interested parties, we ask to read the meeting notes instead so that the meeting can remain focused.