- Brecht Van Lommel (Blender)
- Kévin Dietrich (Blender)
- Patrick Mours (NVIDIA)
- Stefan Werner (Tangent)
- Edoardo Dominici (Tangent)
- Thomas Arcila (AMD)
- macOS: Embree and OpenImageDenoise are now available for ARM builds, based on work by Apple, Stefan and Brecht. SIMD optimizations to Blender and Cycles using sse2neon will be committed next.
- Patrick asks about ARM optimizations for Linux. Brecht explains nearly all of the change are independent of the operating system, so getting all the same changes working there should be possible.
make depsscript will likely need some fixes to work on ARM Linux. In general patches to make these optimizations work on Linux are welcome.
- Kévin is working on optimizations for transfer data from the CPU to the GPU (for OptiX), based on compressing data on the CPU and then decompressing it on the GPU. Kévin also works on prefetching support for the Alembic procedural, to prefetch a specified number of frames to balance memory usage / startup time and playback performance.
- AMD Radeon Image Filter patch was updated. Brecht will review, code generally looks good but has not tested yet.
- Stefan did a merge of the Blender repo into the standalone Cycles repo, Brecht will review. Some discussion about how to do branching and tagging. Suggestion is to have branches for LTS matching Blender branch names.
mastercan be updated as it is now, once for every Blender release from the release branch. For version number we’ll switch to match Blender versions, to make the connection obvious.
- New depth of field was committed.
- OpenColorIO 2.0 upgrade was committed. Still remaining is some work to take advantage of the new features.
- Jeroen continues work on improving Crytpomatte workflow in compositor.
This is a weekly video chat meeting for planning and discussion of Blender rendering development. Any contributor (developer, UI/UX designer, writer, …) working on rendering in Blender is welcome to join and add proposed items to the agenda.
For users and other interested parties, we ask to read the meeting notes instead so that the meeting can remain focused.