Notes for module meetings of Tuesday, 17 November 2020.
Present: Dalai Felinto (all)
- bcon4 pending bugs
- ongoing projects
Participant: Campbell Barton.
- Decision on UV-pack issue
- Board organized: Tasks moved to 2.92
Campbell is spending too much time on patch review
- He will try to ask other module members to help with review.
Nodes & Physics
Participant: Sebastián Barschkis.
- Video demos for 2.91 release notes
- Sebastián is working on the obstacle demo.
- Smaller cache footprint could be shown, but it is not highly demoed.
- GSoC visualizer is mostly for really technical users or developers. It doesn’t need to be in the fancy release notes.
- Fluid intentional regression still needs to be mentioned in the release notes.
Participant: Julian Eisel.
- 2.91 bugs
- Asset Browser
- Julian to communicate the current status of the project in bf-committers.
- There is also a need of communicate for testers when and what to test (specially when it comes to the data structure).
- He will investigate whether to create a thread on devtalk is the way to go.
Sculpt, Paint, Texture
Participant: Pablo Dobarro.
- Remaining high priority bug needs to be coordinated with Sergey
- Pablo will talk to him on blender.chat, to speed things up before bcon4
- Overhead of design docs and procedures
- Existing code review is indeed helping with code quality
- However, the tools design haven’t been affected by it, mostly delayed
- Role of module owner is not working well given the lack of autonomy Pablo currently has on managing the project from end to end
- New features are being held back because they wouldn’t pass the existing strict process
- Pablo initial proposal is to split the design review from the code review
- Logged as an incident to be discussed properly later
Animation & Rigging
Participant: Sybren Stüvel.
- Continue discussion from last week on todo lists
- Down to 21 TODOs from 46.
- The goal is to reduce it to a hard-limit of 10.
- New columns are being created to make sure the TODO column is clear with only the well defined tasks
- People should involve the module members before change subtypes to TODO.
- Design tasks will be organized as well
- Suggestion is to close them when discussion is done, and create a TODO task regarding implementing the design.
- Final implemented designs then move to a permanent place (wiki).
VFX & Video
Participants: Sergey Sharybin, Richard Antalík.
- The 6 existing bugs were moved from 2.91 to 2.92 column
- Recent change to have Richard workload is working fine
- He now alternates between a week of code and a week of triaging
- VSE tweaks for motion-graphics (T82755, D9582)
- Camera intrinsics design (T82645, part of T81662)
- Compositor relative space, cleanup (D9566)
- Initial pass of new compositor design review (T81650)
- Note: The presentation of the proposal is quite good
Data, Assets & I/O
Participant: Bastien Montagne.
Existing Undo bug is Mac specific
- Bastien will poke Sebastián for him to help investigate it
- Otherwise it may be re-tagged as 2.92
- Bastien will organize a meeting with Brecht to agree on design and keep the list in the loop
Participant: Antonio Vazquez (via email).
- The “Grease Pencil Bezier editing” by Falk David
will be part of Blender 2.92.
- The project was merged last week.