Present: Brecht Van Lommel, Campbell Barton, Hans Goudey, Julian Eisel, Pablo Vazquez
2.91 Release Targets
- Missing icons:
- UI/Image Editor Popover
- Design changes were requested, should be simple to address.
- Properties Search
- Follow-up process is going fine.
- Julian and Hans did a patch review session and patches get into master one by one.
- Outliner GSoC
- Most other targets are doing fine, nothing worth mentioning.
- We’ll do a separate meeting to define targets in the vein of “wrapping up the 2.8 project”.
- Overall the team reconfirms that idea, and that the brush and tool system workflow are a part of this.
- Julien Kaspar gave a presentation about remaining issues with the tool system design.
- Would be nice if we could get contributors aligned with these goals.
- Patch Review:
- There’s a constant stream of incoming UI patches. Last week 15 were reviewed, yet the number of open patches increased from 185 to 193 in 6 days.
- Current plan of attack: Regular patch review sessions. These are quite effective.
- Julian will try to do these weekly with either Campbell or Hans (alternating).
- Human Interface Guidelines:
- Some more work was done on them. They are slowly getting into a more presentable state.
- Guideline discussions on developer.blender.org tend to get stuck. Enforce a narrow focus for each task to avoid that.
- We should never expect people to know all the guidelines. They should help us guiding, not blaming.
- Julian proposed recording (some) meetings, to share insights and make the process more transparent.
- Concern was that this could end up being a burden.
- Alternative ideas: Livestream a meeting, patch review sessions or similar? Pablo is available to organize this.
Next meeting: Next Wednesday, same time.