Notes for meeting of Monday, 19 October 2020. 11:00 CEST / UTC 9:00 on #blender-coders on blender.chat.
- Daylight saving time changes on October 25 in Central Europe.
- Blender 2.91 beta (bcon3) on Wednesday October 21.
- Wayde Moss joined the Animation & Rigging module team, focusing on the NLA editor.
- UI team meeting notes
- Animation & Rigging meeting notes
- James Monteath is working as DevOps and Operations from Amsterdam
- bcon3 planned for Wednesday, October 21.
- There are still 8 high priority bugs unassigned, developers planning to work on them please claim them. Otherwise Dalai Felinto may assign them at random before bcon3.
- The experimental features won’t be available
- Any brushes still missing icons and multi-object quick edit issue are to be solved by Wednesday.
- Dalai Felinto will resume the Tuesday Talks this Tuesday.
- The idea this time is to try shorter time slots (15 minutes per module) with emphasis on the status of the ongoing projects.
- Yiming Wu announced that the LineArt patch is ready for review.
New Features and Changes
- User Interface:
- Property editor search now finds results in all tabs and resets panel expansion when exiting search. (commit) (commit) (Hans Goudey)
- Improved layout and icons in various panels and popups. (Hans Goudey, Harley Acheson, Yevgeny Makarov, Antonio Vazquez)
- Show more information in open recent files tooltip. (commit) (Juanfran Matheu)
- Cloth brush improved softbody influence setting, now based on plasticity. (commit) (Pablo Dobarro)
- Global automasking settings support in filters. (commit) (Pablo Dobarro)
- Use cursor depth in trimming gestures. (commit) (Pablo Dobarro)
- Experimental pen tilt Support. (commit) (Pablo Dobarro)
- Improved syncing of Face Sets visibility. (commit) (Pablo Dobarro)
- Show paint brush cursor in all tools. (commit) (Pablo Dobarro)
- Reduce Voxel Remesher volume projection artifacts on sharp edges. (commit) (Leha)
- Fluids: option to write OpenVDB files with full, half or mini float precision. (commit) (Sebastián Barschkis)
- Eevee: add shutter position option for motion blur(commit) (Clément Foucault)
- Cycles: bundle kernels for NVIDIA RTX 3xxx cards to avoid runtime compilation. (commit) (Patrick Mours)
- Volumes: new Volume to Mesh modifier (commit) (Jacques Lucke)