Notes for meeting of Monday, 11 May 2020. 18:00 CEST / UTC 16:00 on #blender-coders on blender.chat.
- All the queries of all the modules are updated to include the sub tags as well.
- Bug fixing sprint this and next week.
- GSoC officially started last Monday, Blender has 10 projects accepted, the coding itself starts on June 1st.
Last week: 117 unclassified reports ; 22-26 high priority bugs
This week: 151 unclassified reports; 18 high priority bugs
- Most of the bugs tagged as 2.83 are now assigned to developers.
- 2.83 release postponed 2 weeks:
- bcon4: May 27
- release:June 3
A reminder for the lead developers of the “10 big 2020 projects” to update the projects status to help with 2.90 planning.
Particle nodes: Jacques is submitting patches (currently open for review: D7549, D7617, D7628). Plan is to get the first moving particles in master branch working in the next week I work on particle nodes.
Collision Solver: Sebastian Parborg (and Jacques) know what is missing but will bring Brecht into the loop to be sure there are clear deliverables and the planning is sound.
Pablo Dobarro asked about the status of the patch review of the Sculpt/Paint module, which sparked a discussion after the meeting with the involved parties.
New Features and Changes
- User Interface: search now supports adding operators to quick favorites and assigning shortcuts. (Campbell Barton)
- Line tool support for different arrow styles at endpoints. (Juanfran Matheu)
- Curves are now smoothed similar to grease pencil, with the Use Stabilizer settings. (Antonio Vazquez)
- Grease Pencil: curve drawing options for randomizing Thickness, Strength, UV, Hue, Saturation and Value. (Antonio Vazquez)