Windows - `make.bat` not copied to configure location

Building Blender on windows, I usually configure in a separate location, since I build also on Windows Subsystem for Linux and therefore the different cmake configuration files can be in conflict for different platforms.

For example, if I switch over to WSL Ubuntu, I don’t want to re-configure, on VS Code launching the currently open directory as a WSL mountpoint is automated so re configuring doesn’t really make sense.

In this regard, if I am saving the build configuration files for Windows on windows and mounting into a virtual machine to build for linux, I should be able to do all of that in separate configuration directories, I would hope.

For some reason though, when running the cmake configuration, it seems that make.bat doesn’t make the journey over to my configure directory.

Is there any reason for this?

Thanks in advance!

Nevermind, just remembered that on Windows I can just cmake --build . --target INSTALL --config Release

The build on windows is not “make” based it’s either msbuild or ninja based, we offer a helper make.bat batch in the blender source folder to allow users to perform a bunch of common tasks, like updating and bootstrapping a build but it is not, nor is it trying to be a complete make replacement.

If you configured your build with that make.bat helper, you should have a “rebuild.cmd” in your build folder that should help you rebuild after you pull.