What is this during compilation? ¿¿Compilation from IR - skipping loading of FCL?

hi, a little question what is this ¿error? ¿warning?
After a really long time of looping around this messages it finally ends the build but it takes a really long time.
Also i have a warning with one api kernel that im not sure if it is related
I try to use cmake-gui to disable one api on build but didn’t work the warning keeps appearing.

Im using ubuntu 20.04, not sure if that has something to do with this issue

this happen only with “make release” using “make” to build it builds fine.

¿any thoughts?

1 Like

i took a diferent hard drive create the directories and downloaded everything to build blender as is descrive in the wiki, and the warning still appearing.
Is this a bug i should report or may be something with my ubuntu installation?

1 Like

this weekend downloaded the new precompiled libraries, in a new directory also copy again the files to build blender and i had to download GCC-11 to compile. . . and the FCL error and the warning in the kernel still there

¿¿any thoghts??? i try googling but when i put “Compilation from IR - skipping loading of FCL” google send my to this post.

1 Like

Same issue here also, does seem to be a oneapi issue.

1 Like

¿is there a way to disable it?
i have an nvidia and a ryzen, no need for one api

1 Like

As far as I know this is normal, not an error

Side note to disable oneAPI in a release build
BUILD_CMAKE_ARGS="-DWITH_CYCLES_DEVICE_ONEAPI=OFF" make release

1 Like

after updating to ubuntu 22 the IR FLC thing no longer appear, still don’t know what those leters means.

1 Like

after several tries and errors i realized thansk to some tips from @Oscurart that i could use cmake gui to disable it, also learn that using “make” in the build_linux_release folder works better using -j because it was unbelievable slow to compile.
the BUILD_CMAKE_ARGS="-DWITH_CYCLES_DEVICE_ONEAPI=OFF" make release its something i had no idea it was possible, thanks for the tip.

1 Like