Warning: Python not found, there is likely an issue with the library folder

Hello, I am compiling blender, following the offical instructions to building blender and in the part where I have to do a “make update” I get a warning in the console

Warning: Python not found, there is likely an issue with the library folder

Nowhere in the instructions does it say to install python, but well, since the console asks me to do so, I suppose I will have to do it, the doubts I have are:
What version of python should I install?
A normal installation works or do I have to do something specific during the installation?
Since it’s just a warning and not an error, I suppose I could leave it like that, but I wouldn’t like that.
Thanks in advance

Python is included in our libs, no need to install anything, it does emit that warning the first time when it hasn’t grabbed the libraries yet, i’ll tweak it a bit not to emit that message unless the lib folder actually exists.

[edit]

Fixed in 95df77323fcd: Make.bat: Only warn about python if the lib folder exists

1 Like

Then the download stops halfway and says it needs python, but I read your response and wrote “make update” again and it continued as if nothing had happened.

if it got interrupted during running make svnfix should make it continue where it left off