I’ve recently taken a dive into install_deps.sh to produce a (more) portable build with static libraries.
I’ve opened a task with a couple minor fixes loosely related to these patches.
I don’t want to pollute phab with extra patches, so I will post the remainder here for discussion.
VDB - The issue is that building static VDB does not include blosc in the archive, and blender is not set up to link against blosc. I merely added the blosc libs to the VDB lib list and moved
With the cmake portion applied, I have been able to build blender against both static and dynamic VDB. The only test I haven’t done is with dynamic blosc (with either dynamic or static VDB).
EXR is more controversial. It cannot be built as a static lib without a commit that was not included in 2.2.0 or 2.2.1 releases. My solution for now is to build from the official master branch. From what I can gather, master has largely remained close to 2.2.0 release, with some bug and security fixes applied (2.2.1 pushed security fixes). I enabled building from the given repo, pointed to the official repo and pointed the hash to the current head.