I’ve been working on compiling 2.8 but have found a few issues when trying to modify and recompile new startup defaults to change or improve a factory settings reset.
- Theme doesn’t preserve
- Add-on settings don’t preserve
- with heavy modifications to workspaces, I get all out crashes
Error : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION Address : 0x00007FF6FE602DF4
Error : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION Address : 0x00007FF7BB7CD7F4
Here is an example:
- Change layout, theme, hotkeys, addons
- save default startup file (no custom userpref
- Copy startup.blend to the repository //release/datafiles
- Remove old %Appdata% configs
- Reset to factory
A. Theme is lost and addon settings also lost
B. hard crash
Where is the default blender factory settings kept?