As in the title, what would the acceptance criteria be for an initial version of spectrally calculated light transport in cycles?
What I can think of immediately are these:
- Similar noise per sample in a majority of scenes (benchmark scenes maybe) - this might favour one or the other depending on the specifics of the scene
- Only a minor performance hit for calculating samples on both CPU and GPU (not sure what can be considered acceptable here)
- No feature regression from master (bake, render passes, denoiser etc still work)
- Colour science is sound (colours come out as expected for simple examples such as white light on a diffuse coloured object)
- Code quality up to standard and code style following the styleguide. (Missed this one)
Are there any other requirements which would need to be met before such a patch would be considered to be merged?