Simple modeling task that can't be easily done in blender

Hi developers. How can I do this in blender? I tried with the proportional editing but it doesn’t work. is there a reason we don’t have a linear falloff in Blender? every time I am in a situation like this I don’t know what to do.

cheers!

1 Like

As far as I know, there is no way. I thought rotating from one edge would cut it but this is something else. It’s like a move-clamped thing.

How is this tool called? I’m intrigued, it’s interesting.

it’s the linear falloff of Modo. It has been in the software for more than 15 years.

The closest you can get to that behavior is the shear tool. In edit mode, open the tools with the “T” key and it is the second to last option. It is missing features from the modo experience though.

1 Like

Thanks ! I am using the one in the mesh menu instead.

Also I don’t use the T panel. Why do we have 2 systems for modeling in Blender, so the developers have to do things twice?

7 posts were split to a new topic: Bevel falloff possible?

More of a convenience thing for people who don’t like hotkeys. It’s more beginner friendly, I’m not a fan either.

There was talk about this a while ago on: Bevel Improvements
Howard has a bunch of design tasks, the problem is right now he is overhauling the boolean code and it’s been taking quite some time. So when he would get down to that I don’t know.
It’s also been requested on RCS: https://blender.community/c/rightclickselect/ZFcbbc/

1 Like