Rendering fails: TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

Hello,

I am trying to render multiple views using the code. I installed everything as the given instructions.

But when I launch the blender using the commands provided in GitHub page, I am getting an error message at thie line

File “./blender_hands.py”, line 223, in run
segm_img = cv2.imread(tmp_segm_path)[:, :, 0]
TypeError: ‘NoneType’ object is not subscriptable

I am not able to find why the rendered segmented image is None. Any suggestions in debugging would be really helpful

Thank in Advance!

Best to ask the developer as it is an add-on hasn’t received any updates for 2 years. About the error.
The add-on might have been built on a different version of the cv2 library that you have installed.

Thank you very much for the response @JeroenBakker !
Unfortunately, the developer did no respond. When you say add-on, do you mean the blender version?

And, yes you are right about the “The add-on might have been built on a different version of the cv2 library that you have installed.
I get the following warning and error as well:
libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.5.13
libpng warning: Application is running with png.c from libpng-1.2.50
libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library

Does it mean that I I have to install the same opencv version that the developer used? In fact, I installed the version recommended by developer in requirements.txt

It is not only installing the same version but making sure that any library that is being used is also available on your machine. You have installed libpng1.5.13, but the requirements.txt uses some library that requires libpng1.2.50 (or compatible).

Libpng is most likely provided by your os.

Thank you! I solved it by changing the library version.

I faced the same problem, solved by installing the exact opencv-python specified in requirements.txt