Not able to build blender master branch

master/intern/locale/boost_locale_wrapper.cpp:72: error: undefined reference to ‘boost::locale::localization_backend_manager::select(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits, std::allocator > const&, unsigned int)’
master/intern/locale/boost_locale_wrapper.cpp:85: error: undefined reference to ‘boost::locale::generator::add_messages_path(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits, std::allocator > const&)’
master/intern/locale/boost_locale_wrapper.cpp:86: error: undefined reference to 'boost::locale::generator::add_messages_domain(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits, std::allocator > const&)'lib/linux_x86_64/boost/include/boost/locale/generator.hpp:203: error: undefined reference to ‘boost::locale::generator::generate(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits, std::allocator > const&) const’
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [source/creator/CMakeFiles/blender.dir/build.make:573: bin/blender] Error 1
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:7427: source/creator/CMakeFiles/blender.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:7434: source/creator/CMakeFiles/blender.dir/rule] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:2102: blender] Error 2

If you post a full build log over here and link it, i’ll take a look but with the information posted it’s real hard to help.

Is this sufficient ✎ P2185 Blender Buld master build failed ?

Unsure what build process is at play here, it does not appear to be using our precompiled dependencies, so odds are there’s something not happy with the system installed libs, hard to tell what it is though.

I’d try building using the build guide on our wiki and see if that works better for you.

Naaah, I’m pretty sure I’m using the prebuilt dependencies as the building those myself took too long.
I was thinking maybe I missed a step but can’t seem to sight it as the build completes just the linker fails with boost locale errors. Or maybe it’s something else I’m not seeing.

Can you post a copy of your CMakeCache.txt file located in your build folder?

Hello, sorry for the late delayed response appreciate the assistance. ✎ P2186 CMakeCache.txt

Seems to be using some possibly self build libraries, rather than ours? (ie using linux_x86_64 rather than linux_centos7_x86_64 ?

I used svn link provided and placed everything inside linux_x86_64

Oooh nooo I just saw what’s on the site. it’s the centos7_x86_64

Let me try with the correct version again thanks.
Really appreciate it.

I really see nothing out of place, given the lib it is unhappy about is only used for translations, building with WITH_INTERNATIONAL=Off will likely make the error go away, but nothing is sticking out why it would be unhappy in the first place.

1 Like

The other one isn’t available in SVN, it gets made when you build the libs locally, i suspect you took the centos7_x86_64 from svn and stuck them in the other folder. as long as they are our SVN libs the actual folder name isn’t gonna change anything.

Setting WITH_CXX11_ABI=OFF may help. The folder name actually affects the default value of that.